mardi 12 juin 2012

Habanita 2012: the floor is yours!



Thanks for being so many to volunteer to give me your views on the new Habanita ! Since there were only four people on the French side, I’ve got six samples. Here are the winners of the draw…

ShellyW
Kostas
Queen Cupcake
Julz
Lys
Nozknoz

The house of Molinard saw my post and kindly offered to send me official samples in their nice little boxes. So I’ll be waiting for them, and for your addresses. I’m sure I have most of them but they’re not filed away, so please write me at graindemusc at gmail dot com with your details, specifying “Habanita” in the header.

Here are the rules of the game: I’ll be publishing your thoughts in a dedicated post on July 16th

Please send your review to me by email at the above address before July 12th.  

You can write any length you want (well… better keep it under 300 words so it’s not a marathon post). I’ll just be doing a standard copy editor’s job (spelling/grammar) on the pieces.

In other news, you’ll have noticed I’m struggling a bit to keep up with the blogging. The reason is that I am the French translator for the infamous Fifty Shades of Grey, on which I’ll take the Fifth Amendment… And which I have to translate in record time, all 500 pages of it!

5 commentaires:

  1. Je viens de l'acheter pour mon mari (hier) et il ADORE !
    Je l'ai essayé et il ne dégage pas du tout la même odeur sur moi. Je le préfère dans le cou de mon mari... c'est un parfum très masculin, en fait !

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Congratulations on the translation gig, it's a lot of fun, but also so much more work than most people think! I know you'll do a great job.
    -Marla

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Aliette, intéressant: les parfums de l'époque Garçonne ont en effet, comme celles pour qui ils étaient créés, un côté masculin/féminin!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Marla, thanks. To be a good translator, you need to be a good writer, but you can't always be a good writer when the original material is... well, Fifth Amendment, as I said. I've been a translator for 12 years now and though it's enjoyable work, and beats going to an office, it's still, well, a day job!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I'm sure it will be a better book in French!

    Thrilled to be in on the Habanita project - will e-mail right away! ~~nozknoz

    RépondreSupprimer